Career Opportunities at Sunview
Sunview Patio Doors Ltd. is leading our industry with engineering innovation and manufacturing best practices. Our growth trajectory is founded on a simple yet powerful business philosophy: “Put the Customer First.” Everything we do is focused on helping our customers succeed. We start by applying best in class process and discipline to our state of the art manufacturing facility. Our expanding product portfolio is supported by industry experts in sales and account management. Finally and most importantly, our service, support, quality are the industry benchmark based on “The Sunview Commitment”:
- Best Customer service
- Shortest lead time
- Shop complete and on time
- Easy to install
- Best after-market service
The Company is currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor. The Production Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for meeting daily production targets and KPI’s. The position will ensure the planning, organization, and assigning work to team members through clear and concise communication while upholding high safety and operational standards.
- Participate in the hiring process as required.
- Enforce and ensure Orientation process is completed.
- Enforce and ensure Targeted Training for skills gap and/or career development.
- Enforce and ensure Rules of Personal Conduct are adhered to.
- Enforce and ensure Progressive Discipline process.
- Communicate with production staff daily.
- Enforce and comply with the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor and ensure that production schedules / plans are adhered to ensure production goals are met.
- Monitor production at regular intervals to ensure goals/targets are being achieved.
- Lead and participate in Kaizen events to ensure continuous improvement goals are being achieved.
- Recommend safety/production/process improvements to Department / Senior Management.
- Participate and contribute to effective production efficiency.
- Must be able to understand and program CNC equipment.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure (i.e. inches, metric, centimeters, millimeters) and micrometer.
- Ability to convert all fractions.
- Ability to set-up machinery, as assigned.
- Ability to read production orders and drawings.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to various assignments.
- Must demonstrate competence in all Health and Safety (i.e. Certification Training Part I and II).
- Preference will be given to candidates with a diploma or degree in an Engineering Program.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of a college diploma is preferred.
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Results Oriented
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Planning and organizing
The chosen candidate will be offered a comprehensive compensation package that includes health benefits. If you meet the criteria listed in this posting, please email email@example.com to submit your resume. Please put the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sunview is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Efficiency, quality, and high-value.
We make a superior quality patio door.
Simply the industry's best!
WHY SUNVIEW PATIO DOORS
Sunview's vinyl and metal manufacturing processes are state-of-the-art, employing high-tech cutting, punching and painting machinery. Our fully-automated insulating glass line applies the dual-seal warm-edge foam Edgetech Super Spacer system. Superior quality dual-glazed LowE (emissivity) glass filled with argon gas in the airspace provides the utmost in energy efficiency. It blocks UV rays, decreases condensation, and reduces heat loss while minimizing outside noise infiltration.