The company is currently recruiting for a Materials Manager who will be responsible for the entire Materials Management function including planning, procurement, storage, control and distribution of materials and products to meet Company objectives and customer requirements. In addition, this position is responsible for the direction and administering of the Purchasing, Inventory Control, and Receiving Departments.
Main Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a zero accident safety culture through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and enforcement of Company Policies
- Plan, initiate, lead, measure and monitor continuous improvement programs for material processes by applying Lean Six Sigma principles
- Evaluate, develop and analyze reporting information to proactively identify opportunities to continuously improve the department and organizational performance.
- Promote employee engagement and satisfaction by motivating and coaching employees. Participate in and promote a culture of diversity and inclusion that leverages the full potential of all employees.
- Maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure on-time deliveries to meet production requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
- Establishes procedures and supervises the annual physical inventory. This includes the taking and valuing of the year-end physical inventory.
- Oversees the purchasing and/or contracting for materials, supplies, equipment, and services for the operation of the Company, in addition to all inventory items.
- Oversees and ensures proper production control planning and scheduling programs to meet sales forecasts and to balance the level of manpower and machine requirements. Investigates and follows up deviations to the production schedule.
- Investigates and solves problems resulting from material shortages, however, caused. Establishes and maintains purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair, and ethical relationships with vendors.
- Responsible for continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, continuity, and delivery.
- Keeps abreast of materials and building products markets and materials pricing trends that affect Company products.
- Develops, establishes, and provides for the maintenance of reporting systems that relate to the materials function.
- Ensures that the company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth.
- Safety Management
- Strategic Planning and Scheduling
- Kanban and Min/Max
- Managing Processes
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Inventory Control
- Analyzing Information
- Equipment Maintenance
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Drive For Results
- Sense of Urgency
Skills and Abilities Required
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use logic, technical knowledge, and strategic planning when required
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- College degree in Business or a management related field
- 8 - 10 years’ relevant experience, including three (3) years in Purchasing, three (3) years in Production and/or Inventory Control, and two (2) years in a Management Role
At Sunview Patio Doors, we offer a comprehensive compensation package that includes salary and health benefits. Should you feel that you meet the criteria listed in this posting, please click HERE to email email@example.com to submit your resume.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sunview is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Efficiency, quality, and high-value.
We make a superior quality patio door.
Simply the industry's best!
WHY SUNVIEW PATIO DOORS
Sunview's vinyl and metal manufacturing processes are state-of-the-art, employing high-tech cutting, punching and painting machinery. Our fully-automated insulating glass line applies the dual-seal warm-edge foam Edgetech Super Spacer system. Superior quality dual-glazed LowE (emissivity) glass filled with argon gas in the airspace provides the utmost in energy efficiency. It blocks UV rays, decreases condensation, and reduces heat loss while minimizing outside noise infiltration.