Career Opportunities at Sunview
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the maintenance technician will perform general maintenance and repairs on production tooling, facility equipment, and property structures. All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OSHS safety rules and regulations.
Sunview Patio Doors Ltd. is leading our industry with engineering innovation and manufacturing best practices. Our growth trajectory is founded on a simple yet powerful business philosophy: “Put the Customer First.” Everything we do is focused on helping our customers succeed.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to production issues in a timely manner
- Be responsible for repairing, maintaining and performing preventive maintenance on production tooling as assigned
- Keep all equipment in good condition consistent with our SOP’s
- Inspect and test machinery and equipment
- Safely operate all required equipment and tools including standard shop equipment (mills, drill presses, brake press (metal fabrication), saws lathes and welding equipment.
- Make parts to support equipment repair.
- Utilize blueprints, sketches, descriptions, experience and support from Engineering and other sources of technical support to accomplish tasks.
- Utilize precision measuring tools to verify parts, components and details are dimensionally correct.
- Be able to work independently
- Be adaptable to a flexible working schedule
- Hold or gain a fork lift user license within six months
- Hold or gain working at heights certification within six months
As a minimum, the maintenance technician should possess:
- A High school diploma/GED
- Experience in operating a variety of equipment, including small hand tools, bench tools, welding equipment
- Technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Machine Tool Technology Associates Degree, or completion of Tool and Die Apprenticeship program or equivalent experience required.
- Machine Tool Technology Associates Degree, Tool and Die Apprenticeship program or equivalent experience required (internal experience as Machine Operator 3 for minimum of 6 months).
- Ability to effectively utilize basic shop math skills required.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to read, comprehend and write English at a level to effectively utilize and interpret SDS’s, work instructions, technical manuals and documents.
- Ability to use precision metal-working tools, hand tools and measuring equipment to ensure accuracy and close tolerances.
- Blueprint reading and computer skills
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication and teamwork.
- Work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Physical capability of lifting up to 35 pounds unassisted
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Physical demands: Requires frequent bending, stooping, stretching, and prolonged standing. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds continuously throughout an eight (8) hour shift. Requires normal vision and hearing range. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
Typical working conditions: Work is performed in a factory environment.
The chosen candidate will be offered a comprehensive compensation package that includes health benefits. If you meet the criteria listed in this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume. Please put the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Sunview is an equal opportunity employer and we strive to provide a culturally diverse workforce. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability.
Efficiency, quality, and high-value.
We make a superior quality patio door.
Simply the industry's best!
WHY SUNVIEW PATIO DOORS
Sunview's vinyl and metal manufacturing processes are state-of-the-art, employing high-tech cutting, punching and painting machinery. Our fully-automated insulating glass line applies the dual-seal warm-edge foam Edgetech Super Spacer system. Superior quality dual-glazed LowE (emissivity) glass filled with argon gas in the airspace provides the utmost in energy efficiency. It blocks UV rays, decreases condensation, and reduces heat loss while minimizing outside noise infiltration.